Cross-posted to acampbell
I think I'm ready with a first draft of my letter, slated to go to Smallville's TPTB: AlMiles, the CW, etc. Of course, minor tweaks will be necessary for each intended audience.
Here are the addresses, once again:( Who to write to about SmallvilleCollapse )
Now, warning, this letter is LONG. I figured it would be easier to get everything on paper and then cut it down, and I am aware it's repetitious in parts. I decided to focus on the elements that bother me the most in the show: the overuse and idealization of Lana, the lack of attention to the Clark/Lex relationship, and poor continuity and characterization in the writing.
1. Do you think it's better to send a long letter and go into great detail, as this does, or make it much shorter? I can do either: I figure the people in charge may be more likely to read a concise letter, while, on the other hand, with a long letter, it's taking advantage of my one opportunity to really have my say!
2. Is there anything significantly offensive or off-putting in the letter?
3. Does anything jump out as too "fannish"? and, yes, I realize that sending something of this length would likely brand me as a SV fangirl.
4. Is there anything included that's an out-and-out error?
5. Can anyone share examples of another "dropped" storyline? besides Lex's blood treatments. My mind's a sieve on the subject. At one time, I would have said: "Level 33.1," but that has now been resurrected.
Anyway, here goes. Let me know what else you think, what should stay, go, etc. I appreciate all input, whether or not I agree with it!:( Letter about SmallvilleCollapse ) Current Mood: hopeful